Fire crews called to Torquay chip shop fire

Shiphay 1
(Last Updated On: July 4, 2016)

Update: A spokesperson for the fire service said: “On arrival the crews confirmed that this was a fire on the ground floor of the shop involving the electrics and got to work fighting the fire using 2 breathing apparatus wearers, a hose reel jet and a dry powder extinguisher,”

A positive pressure ventilation fan was to ventilate the building.

The cause of the fire has been confirmed as accidental. 

Firefighters are currently dealing with a fire at a chip shop in Torquay.
Three fire appliances are still at the incident at the Shiphay Chippy on Collaton Road, Shiphay, Torquay.

Fire crews are now taking in fans to ventilate.

The road outside the chip shop is currently closed.

Road closed

Road closed

Further updates as information becomes available.


Team account for We Are South Devon.