Fire crews deal with chip pan fire in Torquay 

wpid-20140317_093209-1-1
(Last Updated On: August 14, 2017)

The fire service were called to reports of a smoke detector sounding and smoke from a property at Stone Court, Newton Road, Torquay earlier this evening, 14th August.

Two appliances from nearby Torquay fire station were mobilised to the incident.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said on their website:

“On arrival, fire crews checked the premises and located a pan of unattended cooking oil on the cooker. Cooking oil was removed from the property. Positive pressure ventilation fans were used to clear the smoke, and a thermal imaging camera was used to check for hot spots.
“Crews then delivered fire safety leaflets on the dangers of leaving chip pans unattended,”

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.