Fire service alerted to Paignton house fire by neighbour

wpid-20140317_093209-1-1
(Last Updated On: January 15, 2017)

Fire crews were alerted to a fire in Spencer Road, Paignton by a neighbour at 4.30am this morning, 15th January.

One fire engine from Paignton attended the incident after a neighbour reported hearing a smoke detector sounding.

A spokesperson for Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service said:
“Upon arrival crews confirmed there was fire within the property and set to work using breathing apparatus and jets.

“The fire was confined to an upstairs bedroom, which was severely damaged by the fire. There was also smoke damage to the remainder of the upstairs of the property.

“One adult was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation,”

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.