Fire service called to Christmas day tumble dryer fire

Fire Newton
(Last Updated On: December 26, 2015)

Fire crews were called to a tumble dryer fire in Newton Abbot in the early hours of Christmas morning.

One fire engine from Newton Abbot was mobilised to the incident at a property on Ashburton Road, Newton Abbot just after midnight.

The fire crew used two sets of breathing apparatus, one hose-reel jet and one safety jet to extinguish the fire.

A spokesperson for Newton Abbot Fire Station said:
“Although the fire started in the tumbler dryer the exact cause is still unknown. We have had a number of similar fires involving tumble dryers.

“Please always remember to remove any excess fluff from the filters on a regular basis, do not over fill or leave on to long and do not put the dryer on whilst you are sleeping or absent from your house,”

Newton Abbot Fire Station uploaded the following photos to social media [if photos do not appear immediately, please wait for them to load]

[fb_embed_post href=”https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1665098707100689&id=1566360023641225/” width=”450″/]

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.