Fire service called to Newton Abbot kitchen fire

(Last Updated On: January 20, 2016)

The fire service So called to reports of a kitchen fire in Newton Abbot this morning.

Two fire engines were mobilised to the incident at a terraced house in Carlisle Street just after 9am.

A spokesperson for the fire service said:
“On arrival crews confirmed there was a fire and requested an ambulance for one female who was suffering from smoke inhalation.

“The property was a terraced property with a fire involving the electric cooker. Crews extinguished the fire using 2 breathing apparatus and 1 hose reel jet. PPV was used to clear smoke from the property,”

The cause of the fire was accidental.



Team account for We Are South Devon.