Fire service called to Torquay shop fire

17917988_1013264705473707_4590551105711054270_o
Nigel Curtis

The fire service were called to reports of a small fire at a Torquay shop this morning, 20th April.

Fire crews from Torquay and Paignton attended the fire at Clintons in Union Street, Torquay at around 10am.

The small fire in a light fitting was caused by a local power surge.

Crews used a CO2 extinguisher to put the fire out and thermal imaging cameras to check the area.

Minor damage was caused.

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us

Return to our home page for more local news here.

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.