Emergency services were called to reports of a fire at a property in Hele Road, Torquay late last night, Monday 12th August.
3 fire appliances from Torquay were mobilised to the incident at around 11.30pm.
The fire service received multiple calls reporting flames within a flat at the above location.
Devon and Somerset Fire and rescue service said on their website: “Initially it was treated as persons reported but further calls confirmed that all occupants had been able to get out of the property before our arrival.
“Whilst all persons were accounted for shortly after our arrival, an ambulance was requested for an occupant who had suffered some smoke inhalation. They were tended to by fire service personnel, awaiting the arrival of the ambulance service, as further crews set to work extinguishing the fire within the first floor flat, using 2 breathing apparatus, 1 hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera. A further fire appliance from Paignton was also mobilised for a positive pressure ventilation fan, which was used to clear the property of smoke once the fire had been extinguished. The flat sustained severe fire and smoke damage.
“The incident was brought under control at 01:37hrs and the occupant was conveyed to hospital,”
You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon.
Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us