The fire service were called to reports of smoking coming from a disused hotel in Torquay this morning, 26th September.
Three fire engines were mobilised to the incident at The Shedden Hall hotel in Shedden Hill Road just after 8am.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said on their website:
“On arrival it was confirmed that there was smoke issuing from the first and second floors. The crew gained entry to the ground floor and got to work initially using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet. This was then increased to four breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets. The fire was extinguished and the property left in the hands of the owner.”
The extent of the damage is currently unknown. Updates as we get them.
Return to our home page for more local news here.
You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us