Flat damaged by fire in Torquay

received_6991121406141852875416696298211439.jpeg
(Last Updated On: December 11, 2019)

A flat above a Torquay restaurant was damaged by a fire today, Wednesday 11th December.

The fire service was called to reports of a smell of burning from a restaurant on Abbey Road at about 12.45pm.

Two Fire Engines from Torquay, one from Paignton and an Aerial Platform Ladder from Danes Castle were mobilised tonthe incident.

Devon and Somerset Fire and rescue service said on their website: “On arrival crews confirmed this was a fire within a flat above the restaurant. The fire was in the lounge of the flat and was extinguished using 2 Breathing Apparatus, 1 Hose Reel Jet and 1 Safety Jet.

“There was 10 per cent fire damage and 25 per cent smoke damage to the property.

“The cause of the fire was accidental.”

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon.

Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.