Health and wellbeing grants for community groups
Funding is now available for small community-led Torbay schemes to improve people’s health and wellbeing. This could be to helping people get more active, look after themselves better, or become more connected.
Grants have so far funded over 170 local groups – including Carers, women’s groups, garden projects, homeless support, drug and alcohol support, theatre projects, sports clubs, disabled groups, arts projects, faith based initiatives, and many more.
Any person, group or project based in Torbay can apply. Projects will need to meet at least one of the following:
- Promote physical activity
- Promote emotional health and wellbeing
- Encourage people to look after themselves better (self-care) and live more positive and fulfilled lives
- Support recovery from drug or alcohol misuse
- Reduce loneliness within local communities
- Support life-long learning and strengthen and develop existing community networks.
Applications from new groups or individuals who have a good idea to benefit their community are being encouraged.
Individuals’ or groups who have applied before can apply again but not for the same project they applied for before.
Applications may be from £25-£500
The deadlines for applications for the 2019/20 programme are: 1st August, 29th October and 25th January.
To apply please contact Robin Causley (Grant Administrator), at email@example.com 01803 212638.
Bob Jope HEALTHWATCH TORBAY