House severely damaged by fire involving gas canister

wordpress 1
(Last Updated On: April 12, 2017)

The fire service was called to a property in Kingsteignton to reports of a fire in a garage involving a gas canister last night, 11th April.

Three appliances from Newton Abbot and Torquay stations were mobilised to the incident in Calvados Park at around 8.50pm.

The fire had spread from an integral garage to the ground floor of the home.

An ambulance also attended. Two children suffered from smoke inhalation. Fire crews administered oxygen until an ambulance arrived.

The garage and kitchen were severely damaged and the rest of the property was severely damaged by smoke.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us


Team account for We Are South Devon.