Man rescued from Torquay flat fire

fire engine

A man was rescued by fire crews from a flat fire in Torquay this afternoon.

Fire crews were called to a flat on Newton Road at around 4.15pm to reports of an alarm sounding and the smell if burning.

Initial reports were that there was still a person within the property. Local appliances were mobilised to the incident.

One male was rescued from the property.

Crews located a fire within the cooker and got to work to extinguish the fire.

The Police and Ambulance Service also attended the incident.

The man was taken to Torbay hospital.

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.