Man treated for smoke inhalation after cooker fire

Fire engine devon and Somerset
(Last Updated On: January 25, 2016)

A man was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a property in Preston Down Road this afternoon.

Two fire engines, one from Torquay and one from Paignton were mobilised to the incident just before 2pm following a call from the occupant of the property, reporting that their cooker was on fire but they believed they had extinguished it.

The man was advised to leave the property as a precaution until fire crews arrived.

The fire service found the man inside the property on their arrival suffering from smoke inhalation.

Crews put out the fire and ventilated the property.

The fire was confirmed to have started accidentally and the 55yr old occupant was left in the hands of paramedics.

No other persons were involved or injured.



Team account for We Are South Devon.