Torbay residents, organisations and businesses are invited to attend the next Mayor’s Forum, which is taking place this week on Thursday 26 July in Torquay.
Hosted by Torbay Mayor Gordon Oliver, the evening event at the Riviera International Conference Centre will give everyone the opportunity to hear about new projects and future plans being carried out by the council and its partners.
The forum will cover a variety of subjects, including the following:
- Details about the Torwood Street Development from Peter Tisdale, THAT Group
- An update on the refurbishment of the toilets in Torbay will be provided by Piers Dibben from Healthmatic
- Public Realm Concept Design for Torquay Harbour side and inner Harbour will be presented by Kevin Mowat,
- An update on the planned works for Pier Point by Paul Feasey
- Information about the Fragrance Group projects by Derek Elliott from Kay Elliott
- Details about the Old Tollhouse in Torquay by Michael Smith, Venus Company Ltd
- Coastal Community Fund update, by Alan Denby from TDA
- Update on the work at Princess Gardens and the fountain, by Neil Coish, Head of Parks and Open Spaces for Torbay Council
Other topics will be confirmed at a later date.
Mayor Oliver said “There is so much happening in the Bay at the moment and I would like to take this opportunity to invite along anyone who has a keen interest in what is going on in Torbay.
“There will be a wide range of presentations taking place and I believe this evening will be enlightening and provide interesting updates on some of the key projects and developments that are taking place within the local community.”
The Mayor’s Forum will take place in the Rosetor Room, Riviera International Conference Centre starting at 6pm.
Members of the public are invited to turn up on the night. The forum and parking for the event is free.
Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us