The Fire Service received a call reporting a fire on the roof of a hotel in Dartmouth at around 00:55hrs this morning (1st January)
3 appliances from Dartmouth, Totnes and Kingsbridge were mobilized to the Royal Castle Hotel, The Quay Dartmouth.
A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service:
“On arrival crews confirmed a firework container had landed on top of the hotel roof and caused a small fire. Crews gained access to the roof using Safety at Height equipment, buckets of water, a Stirrup pump and a Thermal Imaging Camera to extinguish the fire,”
You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us