Paignton property evacuated due to gas leak

Fire engine devon and Somerset
(Last Updated On: March 5, 2015)

The Fire Service were called to a report of a gas leak at a flat at Elmsleigh Court, St Michaels, Paignton this afternoon.

The fire service were called to the property just before 1.30pm.

Once in attendance crews located a slight smell of gas from the basement of a 3 storey premises, the attendance of Transco was requested.

Crews isolated the gas supply and evacuated the property as a precaution. They began safety checks with a gas detector.

Once Transco were in attendance safety checks were carried out of the premises.

A gas leak was discovered and made safe by crews and gas engineers

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.