Person taken to hospital following fire

Fire

The fire service were called to reports of a fire at a property in Grange Heights, Goodrington this evening.

Fire appliances from Paignton, Brixham and Torquay were mobilised to the  incident just after 6.30pm.

One casualty was rescued by fire service personnel from the flat roof. The casualty was taken to hospital for precautionary measures.

A fire service spokesperson said:
“Upon arrival crews confirmed small fire involving the chip pan which was extinguished and removed prior to the arrival of fire service personnel.

“Crews checked property using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet, the property was also ventilated using positive pressure ventilation fan.”

The cause was accidental.

 

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.