Plastic bags on cooker cause kitchen fire

wpid-20140317_093209-1-1
(Last Updated On: February 8, 2017)

The fire service was called to a property in St Lukes Road this afternoon to reports of smoke.

Five appliances from Paignton, Torquay and Newton Abbot were mobilised to the incident just after 4.30pm.

Crews walked on man in the property to safety and extinguished a fire in the kitchen.

The fire was caused by plastic bags left on the cooker.

The property, a flat, was smoke damaged.

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us

 

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.