Plastics on cooker cause Babbacombe kitchen fire

img_20171211_092040197417280.jpg

The fire service was called to reports of a fire at a property in Babbacombe Road, Torquay this afternoon, Monday 28th May,

One fire engine from Paignton and another from Torquay attended the incident at around 3.20pm.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue service said on their website: “On arrival the officer in charge confirmed a fire in the kitchen involving plastics on the cooker. Crews got to work using four breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet thermal imaging camera and one safety jet to extinguish the fire.

“After extinguishing the fire the crew got to work ventilating the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

“The fire was believed to be accidental.”

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon.

Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.