Torbay Council will be undertaking their annual resurfacing programme across the Bay starting this month. These works, which will take until March 2018 to complete, are part of the authorities structural maintenance programme and will cost £1.2 million.
To see if your road will be affected, below is a list of where the maintenance will be taking place:
- Leys Road, Torquay – Wednesday 13 September with 3 days road closure.
- The Reeves Road, Torquay – Monday 18 September with 4 days road closure.
- Huxtable Hill, Torquay – Friday 22 September with 4 days road closure.
- Hennapyn Road, Torquay – Thursday 28 September with 3 days road closure.
- Cadewell Lane, Torquay – Monday 2 October. The road will be closed in stages over 40 days.
- Grafton Road, Torquay – Thursday 5 October with 2 days road closure.
- Thatcher Avenue/Whidbourne Avenue, Torquay – Monday 9 October with 4 days road closure.
- Fowey Avenue, Torquay – Friday 13 October with 4 days road closure.
- Colley End Park, Paignton – Thursday 19 October with 3 days road closure.
- Luscombe Road, Paignton – Tuesday 24 October with 4 days road closure.
- Milton Street, Brixham – Monday 30 October with 4 days road closure.
- Torquay Road, Paignton (Langs Road to Preston Bus Shelter) – Tuesday 2 January. The road will be closed in stages over 22 days.
- Preston Down Road/Sandringham Gardens, Paignton – Monday 29 January. The road will be closed in stages over 45 days.
These dates are correct at this time, but could change as some of the work is weather dependant. Residents will be notified in writing by the councils surfacing partner CORMAC Construction Ltd nearer the time and pre warning signs will be placed on the highway giving additional information.
Executive Lead for Planning, Transport and Housing, Councillor Mark King, said: “These works take place annually across Torbay and are important to ensure that our roads and footways stay safe for everyone that uses them. Please ensure that you make a note of the days in which your road or area is affected and allow extra travel time if you are using any of the affected roads as there may be some delays.”
Please note, if your road is affected and you are away from your property for a number of days while the work is taking place please be mindful not to leave your vehicle on the street.
Return to our home page for more local news here.
You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us