Torbay’s Cultural Strategy has taken a significant step forward, and with the assistance of TDA, Torbay Council and Arts Council England, the Torbay Culture Board has appointed Kate Farmery as its Executive Director.
The key purpose of the post, hosted by the TDA, will be to provide executive leadership and direction for the implementation of Enjoy, talk, do be and its rolling three year delivery plan.
The plan will ensure that Torbay’s cultural sector plays its full part in social and economic development in the Bay, by doing ‘more, different and better’ for the benefit of all who live, work in and visit the Bay.
Councillor Nicole Amil said: “This exciting appointment sees the next steps toward a more eventful and more creative Torbay. The Executive Director will lead and drive the successful delivery of the key initiatives outlined in the strategy, working in partnership with a range of other bodies.”
Torbay Culture Board member, Paul Woolnough, said: “Candidates were asked to evidence a creative vision and adaptive leadership while meeting the interests of the local community. Kate has senior-level experience in the development and delivery of innovative plans across the cultural sector, which will prove crucial in making Torbay a distinctive cultural destination as well as an exciting place to live.”
Kate is currently Deputy Director of Manchester City Galleries and has spent much of her career developing Manchester’s cultural offer and re-positioning the city as a more popular cultural tourism destination. Her background is in marketing and audience development and she is particularly keen to ensure more people benefit from and contribute to Torbay’s cultural life.
Kate said: “There is already so much happening here and such enthusiasm for developing Torbay’s vibrant cultural offer still further. I can’t wait to get started.”
Kate was brought up in Somerset and knows the Torbay area well. She is re-locating to the area with her partner and eight year old son and will take up her new role in mid September. Kate was welcomed at the recent Torbay Culture Forum event attended by over 80 people.
To find out more about Enjoy, talk, do, be and the Torbay Culture Board visit www.torbaydevelopmentagency.co.uk/cultural-strategy
Keep up with what’s happening around Torbay and South Devon by joining us on Facebook:
Error: Your Requested widget "Facebook like box (jetpack) " is not in the widget list.
- [do_widget_area ampforwp-above-footer]
- [do_widget_area ampforwp-above-loop]
- [do_widget_area ampforwp-below-header]
- [do_widget_area ampforwp-below-loop]
- [do_widget_area sanfrancisco-default-sidebar]
- [do_widget id="media_image-29"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-18"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-28"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-30"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-23"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-25"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-20"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-24"]
- [do_widget id="weptile-image-slider-widget-2"]
- [do_widget id="weptile-image-slider-widget-4"]
- [do_widget id="weptile-image-slider-widget-5"]
- [do_widget_area swift-footer-widget-area]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
- [do_widget id="tribe-events-list-widget-3"]
- [do_widget id="tribe-events-list-widget-4"]
- [do_widget id="weptile-image-slider-widget-3"]
- [do_widget id="search-2"]
- [do_widget id="search-4"]
- [do_widget id="archives-11"]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-3"]
- [do_widget id="archives-4"]
- [do_widget id="archives-6"]
- [do_widget id="text-2"]
- [do_widget id="text-39"]
- [do_widget id="categories-3"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-2"]
- [do_widget id="archives-2"]
- [do_widget id="recent-comments-2"]
- [do_widget id="categories-2"]
- [do_widget id="meta-2"]