From Monday 13th July, you will be able to take a trailer to Torbay’s Household Waste and Recycling Centre (HWRC) but only for garden waste.
It’s the latest improvement to the service since SWISCo took over responsibility for waste and recycling services earlier this month, and following the easing of some restrictions that were put in place during the COVID-19 shutdown.
The Recycling Centre remains a booking only service, and in addition to the general population being able to take trailers of garden waste to a pre-booked appointment Mondays to Fridays, key workers will be able to book a Saturday morning slot when they will be able to take trailers of garden waste as well as general household waste.
Councillor Mike Morey, Cabinet Member for Infrastructure, Environment and Culture said: “We are gradually lifting restrictions in a safe and managed way while ensuring staff and visitors at the Recycling Centre are able to maintain social distancing and I know a lot of people will be pleased that they can now book in and bring a trailer of garden waste with them in addition to any other household waste they may have.
“Don’t forget as well that if you’re a key worker you can book a dedicated slot on Saturday mornings.”
Key workers include all emergency services, health and care workers local authority staff, utility workers, education staff, food provision or delivery drivers.
You will still need to book a slot as before.
How to book:
– Step one – Book a time slot by calling 01803 208777.
– Step two – Drive on to the recycling centre as advised by the member of staff – only two people allowed per car and you must dispose of your own waste.
Don’t forget, when you’re at the recycling centre:
– No more than two people per vehicle
– Stay two metres apart where possible
– You will need to dispose of your own waste
– Please respect our staff and keep your distance
– Vans should only bring the same quantity as would fit in a family car.
Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us