Fire crews called to microwave wheat bag fire

wpid-20140317_093209-1-1
(Last Updated On: January 30, 2017)

Fire crews were called to a property in Newton Abbot last night, 29th Janurary, to reports of a microwave fire.

Two fire engines from Newton Abbot attended the incident in Hameldown Way at around 7.45pm.

A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue saervice said:
“On arrival, crews confirmed that there was a small fire involving a wheat bag in the microwave.

“One elderly female exited the building before fire service arrival, suffering from slight smoke inhalation and was administered oxygen therapy by fire crews.  Ambulance attended to check the occupant over.

“Slight smoke logging to property which was ventilated by fire crews,”

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.