Fire crews were called to reports of a fire at a property on New Road, Brixham today, Saturday 9th February.
Two fire engines, one from Brixham and one from Torquay were mobilised to the incident at around 12:45pm.
One person was rescued and taken to hospital by ambulance.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said on their website: “On arrival crews confirmed that the fire involved food left unattended on a cooker and that the property was full of smoke.
“One female person was rescued by Fire Service personnel and taken to hospital by ambulance suffering from smoke inhalation. Fire crews also ventilated the property,”
You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon.
Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us