Torbay Council is investing £700,000 in a structural maintenance programme which includes reconstruction and resurfacing on a number of roads around Torbay.
Executive Lead for Community Services, Cllr Robert Excell, said: “As part of our commitment to structural maintenance across the Bay, works will commence on Thursday 26 July in Hawkins Avenue Torquay for a period of seven to eight weeks and will be delivered by Torbay Council’s surfacing partner CORMAC Construction Ltd. The works will continue through autumn and into the New Year in order to complete the programme in full.”
The following roads will be part of the reconstruction and resurfacing programme:
- Hawkins Avenue, Torquay (Upper Cockington Road to Sherwell Valley Road)
- Cadewell Lane, Torquay (Water Lane to Collaton Road)
- Fowey Avenue, Torquay (Exe Hill to Redavon Rise)
- Sandown Road, Paignton
- Pillar Avenue, Brixham
- Barnfield Road, Brixham
- Wayside Road, Brixham
- Barton Crescent, Paignton
- Barton Gardens, Paignton
- Barton Road, Paignton
- Windmill Road, Paignton
- George Road, Paignton
- Broadpark Road, Torquay (Wheatridge Lane to Mead Road)
- Hr Edginswell Lane, Torquay (Marldon Road to Fernworthy Close)
- Armada Crescent, Torquay
- Queensway Crescent, Torquay
Signage will be placed on each road two weeks before commencement of works. Residents and businesses affected by the works will receive a letter from the contractor explaining details of the works and how long they will take.
You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon.
Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us