Cats administered oxygen therapy following Torquay fire

wpid-20140317_093209-1-1

Fire crews were called to reports of a cooker fire at a property on Tamar Avenue this afternoon, 29th March.

Two fire engines were mobilised to the incident just after 1 pm.

One fire engine from Paignton and one from Torquay attended.

Two cats were administered oxygen therapy by crews.

A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said:
“Fire crews confirmed a fire involving plastics on top of an electric cooker hob within the ground floor kitchen of a two storey domestic property.  
“The fire was extinguished by fire crews using two breathing apparatus wearers, a positive pressure ventilation fan and small tools.

“Two cats were administered oxygen therapy using fire crews using pet oxygen masks and the owner was going to get the cats checked over by a local vet,”

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon. Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share? Contact us

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.