Elderly man treated for smoke inhalation after kitchen fire

20190709_2001058825136058492656273.jpg
(Last Updated On: July 18, 2019)

An elderly man suffered from smoke inhalation at a fire in Preston, Paignton last night, 17th July.

The fire service were alerted by a member of the public who reported smoke coming from a property on St Pauls Road at around 9.20pm.

Three fire appliances from Paignton and Torquay were mobilised to the incident.

Devon and Somerset Fire and rescue service said on their website:

“On arrival the Incident Commander quickly got crews to work to locate and extinguish the fire using breathing apparatus, hose reel jets and a positive pressure ventilation fan. the Incident Commander also requested an ambulance to attend for a 76 year old male casualty with smoke inhalation.

“The fire, which appeared to have started in the kitchen, caused approximately 50% fire damaged and severe smoke damage,”

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon.

Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.