The fire service was called to reports of a fire at the Riviera Centre in Torquay late last night, Friday 29th December.
A member of staff alerted the fire service to a fire in a changing room at around 10:45pm.
Three crews from Torquay and Paignton were mobilised to the incident.
Crews found a fire involving a commercial hand dryer.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said on their website: “Assisted by the buildings sprinkler system, crews used breathing apparatus, a hose reel, a thermal imaging camera and a positive pressure ventilation fan in order to fully extinguish the fire,”
Return to our home page for more local news here.
Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us