Woman rescued from Kingsteignton house fire

wp-1476174880026.jpg

A woman has been rescued by firefighters from a house fire in Kingsteignton this morning, 15th May.

The fire service received a call from a member of the public just before 8.30am this morning, reporting a fire at a neighbouring property on Priscott Way. The fire was on the ground floor and a woman was trapped upstairs.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service posted the following update on their website:

“The Fire Control Operator provided fire survival guidance to the neighbour who relayed the information to the female that was trapped.

“The fire crew rescued the female from the first floor window using a triple extension ladder within a few minutes of being on scene and she was then treated by Paramedics for smoke inhalation before being removed to hospital by ambulance.

“The fire was located in the ground floor hallway and was extinguished by two breathing apparatus wearers using a hose reel jet, a safety jet, a positive pressure ventilation fan and a thermal imaging camera,”

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.