Man rescued from flat fire in Torquay

20200502_192034.jpg
(Last Updated On: May 2, 2020)

A man was rescued from a balcony at a block of flats during a fire in Torquay today, Saturday 2nd May.

The incident happened this afternoon at a block of flats on St Marks Road.

Five fire appliances attended the incident. Three fire engines from Torquay, one from Paignton and the Aerial Ladder Platform from Torquay.

The man suffered from smoke inhalation, another male, from the flat below was also evacuated. Both were seen by the ambulance service. It is currently unknown if they were taken to hospital.

The kitchen was partially damaged by the fire.

You can join us on our social media pages, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and keep up to date with whats going on in South Devon.

Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.