Man rescued from smoke logged building by fire crews

fire engine

Fire crews were called to Dartmouth earlier this morning to reports of a smoke logged building.

One fire appliance from Dartmouth and one from Totnes attended a property in Victoria Road at 2.40am

A spokesperson for the the fire service:
“On arrival crews confirmed that someone was still inside the property, and forced entry.

“One male was rescued from the smoke logged building by fire fighters, and was suffering from smoke inhalation. Ambulance was requested to attend.

“Crews put the fire out using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.

“Crews also ventilated the property. The small fire in the flat was deemed to be caused accidentally, following a fire investigation.

“The area was checked with a thermal imaging camera to ensure there were no hot spots,”

image

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.