Torquay firefighters called to cooker fire

wpid-fire-engine_1_1.jpeg.jpeg

Fire crews from Torquay attended a fire at a property on Teignmouth Road, Torquay last night (3rd July).

The fire service was called to the incident involving a cooker at around 9:50pm.

A spokesperson for the fire service:
“On arrival, crews confirmed a fire had occurred in a cooker but was out on arrival. Fire crews made the scene safe and ventilated the property using a Positive Pressure Ventilation fan. One male suffered from smoke inhalation and crews gave oxygen therapy,”

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

 

(Author)

Team account for We Are South Devon.