Woman treated for smoke inhalation after Brixham fire

Fire engine
(Last Updated On: February 14, 2015)

Emergency services were called to reports of a fire at a property in Brixham this afternoon.

Two Fire engines from Brixham were mobilised to the fire on Higher Ranscombe Road just before 1.30pm.

Fire crews confirmed a fire involving electrical appliances in a lean-to extension attached to a domestic kitchen.

Crews extinguished the fire using four breathing apparatus wearers, two hose reel jets and a thermal image camera.

One woman was administered oxygen therapy as she had suffered from smoke inhalation. An ambulance was requested by fire crews. Care of the casualty was left with the Ambulance.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.


Team account for We Are South Devon.