The fire service were called to reports of a fire at a barn in Denbury last night, 1st January 2018.
Fire crews from Ashburton, Newton Abbot and Torquay were mobilised to the incident at around 9.15pm.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said on their website: “On arrival, crews confirmed one large barn housing machinery and hay bales well alight. Crews also confirmed asbestos involved in the fire,”
Crews worked to save machinery housed in the barn.
Public health England were notified due to asbestos being involved in the fire.
There have been a number of barn fires in the area.
Fire crews had also dealt with a large fire at a barn in Dawlish in the early hours of Monday morning, 1st January. More here.
Firefighters were later called to suspected arson in Dawlish where an unoccupied house was destroyed. More here.
Return to our home page for more local news here.
Got a news story, blog or press release that you’d like to share or want to advertise with us? Contact us